Saturday, January 16, 2010

Breakfast: Weight Control Oatmeal

Oatmeal is a yummy way to start the day, especially in these cold winter months. A few months ago I tried this Weight Control Oatmeal by Quaker. I found it to be very delicious and also filling. Protein and fiber are essential ingredients for a healthy diet which also help you to feel full longer. Each serving of Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal is 160 calories and has 7g of protein and 6g of fiber which is about twice as much as you get in the average bowl of oatmeal. That makes for a very filling and satisfying breakfast.
I also think they are very delicious. In the variety pack you get Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Banana Bread. Banana Bread is my favorite, but I really like them all. Personally I tend to eat these more in the evening then in the morning (I do break the rule of eating breakfast most of the time). I find this to be a great bedtime snack. It's warm, sweet, tasty and filling which allows me to rest without waking up hungry first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment