Monday, February 1, 2010

Journal: I'm sick

This is going to be an interesting week. I am fighting a cold and it is starting to drain me. I hopped on the treadmill yesterday and walked a much slower pace than normal but was still not able to make more than 20 minutes. Today I am feeling a little bit better but I don't think I have the strength to exercise.
I also have been craving food these last couple of days. I think it's that "starve a fever, feed a cold thing." My body seems to be craving nutrients. Because of that I did go over my 1400 calories yesterday, but at least it was with healthier foods like fruit and a protein bar. With all these things in mind, I am not expecting a loss this week, but I will be glad if I at least don't gain. I am not sure how today will pan out, for I still feel hungrier than normal.
Of course all of this is on top of the fact that I have a special mom's night where dinner is food brought in by each mom and those nights are HARD to stay in range. We also had a date night where we went to a restaraunt I had no information on. I went with the salmon, but the mashed potatoes were probably really fatty, but they were really good. I tried to eat the section that looked like a 1 cup portion, but it's hard to tell. Their portions were huge! They also didn't have any diet salad dressing! For that I took my dressing on the side and just dipped my fork in it with each bite.
I will just have to see what this week holds. What I do know is that I can't wait to feel better so I can get back to my regular exercise routine soon! I will not let this become the start of the end of a really good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment