Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baked Tilapia

Tonight for dinner we had one my favorite dishes, Baked Tilapia. This is a really easy fish to make. I simply spray my pan with a 0 calorie cooking spray to coat is. I then spray my fish with my 0 calorie butter spray. This helps the Old Bay seasoning to coat nicely on my fish. Then I throw it in the oven and bake at 425 for 20 minutes. One 4 ounce fish patty is only 100 calories! What a way to get a good helping of protein for such a low calorie count. I then made some broccoli seasoned with my butter spray, salt and pepper along with some corn on the cob. I was able to eat 2 pieces of fish, corn, broccoli and a 1/2 cup of light peaches for dessert all for under 350 calories! (I do not count the broccoli since I allow that as a "free" food) That is just one delicious way to eat something satisfying for a mere 100 calories!

1 comment:

  1. Boy, am I glad that I found your blog this morning! I was hoping to find a sensible weight loss blog from a sensible person that cares about sensible things. Yay, I found you!
    I am on my own weight loss journey. I have about 14.? pounds to lose still. I am calorie counting(somewhat) and also workout on the treadmill and weight machine right here at home. Oh yeah, I homeschool as well and so understand time restrictions! I look forward to reading your blog(s) over time. Now I'll add you to my list of favorites!

    Susan W.
    http://www.sandlappersue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete