Friday, June 11, 2010

Thinking of Running a Marathon

I am sorry it has been so long since I have blogged but I have to find time to exercise and it has to come from somewhere. I am just not online as much as I used to be. So far I am maintaining my goal weight just fine. TOPS gives me a 10 pound leeway (3 pounds over and 7 pounds under) and I have been in it each week. I have yet to go over my goal weight as I have been staying 1 to 2 pounds under each weigh in. I am really excited about it.
Well, I am thinking about training for a marathon. I don't know if I really want to do it. Every time I saw them do one on the Biggest Loser or anywhere else I would tell my husband, you know, running a marathon is not appealing to me at all. But now that I am walking about 3 to 4 miles I am thinking of giving it a try. I will start a with a 5 K this fall I think, but then I would like to train to run a half marathon next year. I am not really sure how to train for that, but I am thinking of doing it. Has anyone out there run a marathon, half marathon or anything like it? If so please share you experiences, training tips, etc. Let's see if you can give me that final shove to say yes, I will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment